April 19, 2012

The Fast Way to Launch Programs in Windows 7


The Fast Way to Launch Programs in Windows 7



All I have to do is press the Windows key, type the first 3-4 letters of the program I want to run, then press Enter when it appears. For example, I can type itu for iTunes, chr for Google Chrome, exc for Excel, or out for Outlook.
Very rarely will I have to go beyond three letters. And the only time I might need to reach for the mouse
is for something like exp, which makes both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer appear in the menu. (Actually, typing int solves that problem.)
This may only save you a few seconds here and there, but I think once you get in the habit of running programs this way, you won't go back to reaching for the mouse.

-
Niktricks.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll